Sunday, January 10th, 2016 at the Ichimura-Miami Japanese Garden 10am to 5pm
- First Authentic Japanese Tea Ceremony performed in Miami-Dade in more than 20 Years
- Speech by the Consul General of Japan
- Learn Ikebana, the Japanese Art of Flower arrangement from Grand Master Mieko Kubota.
- Martial Arts demonstrations
- Cosplay fashion show and costume contest.
- Japanese Music by Yoshiko Taiko Dojo Drummers.
- Children’s Corner featuring authentic Japanese games, origami, calligraphy, and more.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE. Tickets will be going on sale for the Tea Ceremony. Entrance to the Garden is Free
- 10:00am Doors open! Children’s Corner open all day.
- 10:30am Taiko Drumming featuring Yoshiko Taiko Dojo
- 10:45am KIDZ City Martial Arts Sensei Maria Medina and Sensei Ariel Torres
- 11:15am Tokubukan Kendo, Sensei Moe Becerra
- 11:45am Taiko Drumming featuring Yoshiko Taiko Dojo
- 12:00pm Japanese Tea Ceremony: Demonstration Directed by Souyo Ito
- 12:30pm Consul General Of Japan, Mr. Ken Okiniwa
- 12:45pm Ikebana demonstration by Ms. Mieko Kubota, Master
- 1:15pm Taiko Drumming featuring Yoshiko Taiko Dojo
- 1:30pm Goju Ryu Miami Kenseikan, Robert Young Sensei
- 2:00pm Japanese Tea Ceremony: Demonstration Directed by Souyo Ito
- 2:30pm Bas I Karate, Hanshi Newton James
- 3:00pm Cosplay Talent Show, Florida Cosplay
- 4:00pm Cosplay Costume Contest, Florida Cosplay
- 5:00pm Taiko Drumming featuring Yoshiko Taiko Dojo
This event is made possible with the support of Richo, the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs, the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade Mayor and Board of County Commissioners, Armstrong Ford, Bird Road Subaru, City of Miami Parks, Jungle Island and Lan Pan Asian Cuisine.