Celebrate Spring with Ikebana, Origami, Music & More. All Free!
Sunday, May 4th, 2014 at the Ichimura-Miami Japanese Garden
- Learn Ikebana, the Japanese Art of Flower arrangement from Grand Master Mieko Kubota.
- Cosplay fashion show and costume contest.
- Japanese Music by Ms. Ellen Ogihara on Violin and Yoshiko Taiko Dojo Drummers.
- Origami Display, (Origami Art piece by Ms. Mina Hosoki)
- A special Ikebana demonstration and hands-on-workshop for kids will include a free take-home arrangement made by your child.
- Japanese speech and skit contest winners from FIU.
- Uji-kintoki and other flavored ice drink by Oasis Raspados.
- Children’s Corner featuring authentic Japanese games, origami, calligraphy, and Minnow scooping.
View Ichimura Miami-Japan Gardens in a larger map
1101 MacArthur Causeway, Watson Island, Miami Fl 33139
OPEN DAILY 9 A.M. – 6 P.M.