FREE Spring Festival with Tea Ceremony, Ikebana Demonstration, Music, Cosplay Costume Contest & Much More.
Sunday, May 14th, 2017 at the Ichimura-Miami Japanese Garden 10am to 5pm
- Authentic Japanese Tea Ceremony Demonstrations ($10) CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS
- Learn Ikebana, the Japanese Art of Flower arrangement from Grand Master Mieko Kubota.
- Authentic Japanese violin and viola musicians
- Cosplay fashion show and costume contest.
- Japanese Music by Yoshiko Taiko Dojo Drummers.
- Soran Dance and Japanese High School Ouendan
- Children’s Corner featuring authentic Japanese games, origami, calligraphy, and more.
$10 is for the Tea Ceremony only… all of the rest of the festival is free, food will be for sale.
May is Asian-American Heritage Month in Miami-Dade County. Join the celebration!
This event is made possible with the support of Richo, the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs, the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade Mayor and Board of County Commissioners, Bird Road Subaru, City of Miami Parks, Jungle Island and Lan Pan Asian Cuisine.
2017 Schedule of Events
May 14th , 2017 Spring Festival:
Ikebana gifts for all Moms, Music, Paper Theatre & More.
November 5th , 2017 Fall Festival (7-5-3 Celebration):
1000 Year Candy for kids 7-5-3, Taiko Drums, Cosplay and more!
Schedule subject to change. Please check back for updated information.
How to get involved:
Become a vendor at an event.
Sign-up for an email reminder and please follow us on Facebook. Thank You
Park hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm every day. Admission is free. Please contact Rick DelVecchio for booth and sponsorship information 305-992-0703
View Ichimura Miami-Japan Gardens in a larger map
1101 MacArthur Causeway, Watson Island, Miami Fl 33139
OPEN DAILY 9 A.M. – 5 P.M.
Events made possible with the support of Ricoh, the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs, the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade Mayor and Board of County Commissioners, City of Miami Parks, Jungle Island, Bird Road Subaru, and Lan Pan Asian Cuisine.